What is a GreenStreet Home Energy Audit?
How do I know if I need a home energy audit?
- Your utility bills are nearly as high as your mortgage payment.
- Your home feels drafty in certain areas and the windows are shut.
- If your furnace were a child, it would be in high school or college.
- The frost on your windows accentuates your Christmas decorations.
- You can read the sports section while waiting for the shower to warm up.
- Your home is confused. Too cool in the winter and too hot in the summer.
- Sure you clean, but it still feels excessively dusty, stuffy or has a mold-like odor.
- Spiders and snakes have made a home in your crawl space.
- The temperatures differ so drastically throughout your house that you have to dress in layers.
- Your heating and cooling systems would take the gold medal in the Olympic cross-country because they never stop running.
- Your family goes outside to get allergy relief.
- You can get a suntan while sitting in front of the window.
How long will the actual audit take?
What do I need to do to prepare for the audit?
Do I need to be present during the audit?
Can I do an energy audit myself?
The short answer to the question is yes, you can perform an energy audit yourself, but the resulting benefits of the audit will probably be less than those you would obtain from a professional audit.
What can I expect after the audit?
- Identify and prioritize problems that need to be addressed
- Recommend specific actions that you should take
- Estimate the cost associated with each corrective action
- Calculate the energy and dollar savings you can expect with each corrective action
- Calculate the payback you can expect as a result of home energy improvements
Your auditor will also schedule a return visit to review the findings of the audit, explain the recommendations, and review the expected long-term results of any improvements made.
When and how will I receive my final report?
Will GreenStreet Auditors make the changes needed?
Will a GreenStreet Audit save me money?
Does GreenStreet implement the recommendations they make?
What incentives or benefits are available to me?
Do I have to use GreenStreet to implement the recommendations?
What benefits do I receive if I do use GreenStreet to perform the implementation of the Audit recommendations?